Terms and Conditions of Sale
While sounding a bit formal, the following terms and conditions of sale are set down by AL-SHAZIA to prevent any possible sources of misunderstanding.
AL-SHAZIA (cc) is a close corporation duly registered within the Republic of South Africa in accordance with the Companies Act 71 of 2008 and adheres to the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”), the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (the “POPI”) and the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (the “ECTA”) including all amendments and regulations thereto. AL-SHAZIA a (cc) provides an online web platform for the sale and supply of goods to retail and wholesale customers.
Your use, access and interaction with this website or online platform is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions set out below. Should you not agree to any of the terms contained below, you are to immediately cease using the website or online platform. Your continued usage constitutes acceptance of all the terms and conditions set out below.
Formation of the Contract
1. The offer in this sale occurs when the buyer fills in the form and submits it to AL-SHAZIA.
2. Acceptance of this offer occurs when AL-SHAZIA charges the buyer’s credit card or, if payment is made via PayPal, AL-SHAZIA charges the buyer’s
PayPal account, or if store credit is used to purchase, when Al Shazia charges the Customers Store Credit Account. Payment
3. Credit cards will be charged at the time of shipping Cancellation of the Contract
4. The buyer has the right to cancel the sale prior to the goods being shipped.
5. If the goods have already been shipped the buyer no longer has the right to cancel the sale.
6. Goods are only defined as returns if they meet all of the following conditions:
The product is in the same original condition as at the time of purchase.
The product has not been worn outside of the house.
The product has not been worn (with the exception of trying it on for size).
The product has not been washed.
The product is returned in its original packaging with original tags still attached.
The product is then received by AL-SHAZIA.
7. The buyer will be entitled to return purchased goods within 30 days of receiving the order for a full refund, provided the goods are defined as returns according to clause 6.
8. If the goods are returned after 30 days of receiving the order, the buyer no longer has the right to a refund, exchange, or store credit.
9. The buyer is responsible for all shipping charges incurred including the initial shipping cost at the time of the purchase and at the time of returning the item to AL-SHAZIA.
10. The goods enter into the ownership of the buyer when the customer’s credit card is charged.
11. AL-SHAZIA is responsible for ensuring that all goods are fit for their purpose and are free from any fundamental defect in quality and workmanship only prior to shipping the goods to the buyer. Al-SHAZIA shall not be responsible for any damage or defect in the products packaging.
Conformity of the goods
12. AL-SHAZIA will deliver goods which are of the quantity, quality, and description, as stated at the time of purchase.
13. The buyer should examine the goods immediately upon receipt to check that the goods conform to the invoice.
14. The buyer should notify AL-SHAZIA if any lack of conformity exists within 3 days of receipt of the goods.
15. If the goods do not conform to the invoice in a fundamental way, AL-SHAZIA will either replace those products which do not conform or refund the
cost of those items. The choice of refunding or replacing the items will be made by AL-SHAZIA.
16. If the buyer does not notify AL-SHAZIA within 3 days of receipt of goods, the buyer loses the right to rely on a lack of conformity and AL-SHAZIA will
not replace such goods.
17. Those goods which do not conform to the invoice, and as such have been substituted, are the property of AL-SHAZIA and the buyer will make all
necessary arrangements in order to ensure that the products are returned to AL-SHAZIA. The expense of this return will be borne by AL-SHAZIA.
Definition of “fundamental”
A breach of contract committed by one of the parties is fundamental if it results in such detriment to the other party as substantially to deprive him of what he is entitled to expect under the contract, unless the party in breach did not foresee and a reasonable person of the same kind in the same circumstances would not have foreseen such a result.
18. THE WARRANTIES REFERRED TO HEREIN ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. AL-SHAZIA DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHICH ARE NOT SPECIFICALLY STATED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
We reserve the right to amend any pricing errors displayed due to human error, computer malfunction or other reason.
AL-SHAZIA will notify you of any error in pricing and you may elect to not purchase any Good/s where the price has been corrected.
Prices may differ online to in-store.
Prices online are exclusive of delivery charges. Prices are subject to change without notice.
While we do our best, we cannot guarantee that images on our website exactly represent actual products or their packaging. In particular, the colors shown on the website may not exactly represent the colors of our products because the colors you see on the website depend on the color reproduction on your computer or mobile device.
All images, trademarks, logos, text, graphics and other content appearing on this website are the property of their respective owners and are protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. The use of any of AL-SHAZIA trademarks is strictly prohibited unless we provide prior written consent
Our terms and conditions are subject to change, we reserve the right to withdraw and amend these accordingly.
We reserve the right to reject any order you place with us for any reason.
Information on this website is subject to change without notice.
We will not be liable if, by chance, our website is unavailable for use by customer.
The size guides provided on the website are merely a guide. While we have taken the effort in making it as user friendly as possible and inserting guides to get an exact fit, it must be understood by the customer that adhering to the size guide may still give you a wrong fit as all bodies and structures are unique. Failure of the size guide providing the exact size, does not entitle the customer to free return delivery charges, nor does it automatically give the customer the right to return. The return form will still be checked by al-shazia and the normal return policies will apply. AL-SHAZIA does not provide any guarantees or warranties to the effectiveness of the size guide.